How do you know that your skin belongs to a dry type? How do you ensure the right care for your skin? And finally, what means to keep it young and beautiful for a long time? We’ve gathered the most comprehensive dry skin care guide for you to answer all your questions!
DRY SKIN FEATURES
Dry skin is skin that suffers from a lack of moisture and natural fatty lubrication. And from birth and at any time of year. This is the main difference between dry and dehydrated skin: dryness is a constant sign of skin type, and dehydration is just a temporary condition that can be corrected.
SIGNS OF DRY SKIN
- To understand if you really have dry skin, it’s best to consult a cosmetologist. And at home, you can do a small test. In your mind, tick the boxes next to each statement that characterizes your skin:
- thin and sensitive;
- without oily shine;
- pores are almost invisible;
- does not suffer from pimples or rashes;
- often flaks;
- can be rough to the touch;
- suffers from a feeling of tightness;
- tends to show early signs of aging.
The more ticks The more likely it is that your skin is really dry.
CAUSES OF DRY SKIN ON YOUR FACE
Most often the skin becomes dry due to sebaceous glands.
They secrete too little sebum and thus deprive the skin of its natural nutrition and protective barrier. As a result, it rapidly loses moisture and remains virtually unprotected against the negative environmental factors.
Other causes of dryness are these:
- Inheritance. Yes, dry skin can be a genetically determined factor.
- Love of sunbathing. Direct sunlight dries the skin and reduces its immune system.
- Incorrect care program. Did you misidentify your skin type and choose the wrong products?
- Environmental factors. For example, too dry indoor air, air conditioners, strong wind or frost, etc.
- Atopic dermatitis. It is a disease that cannot be cured even by the most nourishing creams. A trip to a dermatologist is mandatory!
RULES OF DRY SKIN CARE
In youth, dry skin usually presents almost no problems: smooth tone, almost imperceptible pores and no oily gloss. Dream! But only up to 20-25 years. It is at this age that dry skin most often begins to ‘show character’: unpleasant feelings of tightness, skin becomes rough and very sensitive, there are early signs of aging.
What to do? Announce Vendettu Dryness! And start scrupulously following the rules of dry skin care:
- Always rinse off your make-up before going to bed (even if you’re awfully sleepy and have an apocalypse) and never rub your skin with a cotton pad.
- Exclude cosmetics with retinol and its derivatives from the Buty Ritual (they dry the skin heavily).
- Wash without tap water, as it is hard and can cause irritation. For demo make-up use micellar water, hydrophilic oil or delicate milk, and then rinse your face with mineral or regular drinking bottled water.
- Avoid scrubs with large abrasive particles: dry skin needs soft exfolients.
- Nutrition and hydration are equally important for dry skin. Therefore, in addition to the usual moisturizing cream, regularly use products saturated with lipids and natural oils (it can be, for example, a night cream or mask). It’s important to provide the skin with both deep moisturizing and deep moisturizing – the serum can handle this task. Remember that it’s important to use masks and whey with them, not instead of creams!
- Remember to take care of the skin around your eyes: this area is very sensitive.
- Carry out the beauty ritual twice a day: in the morning and evening, the skin has different needs.
- Moisturise the skin not only from the outside, but also from the inside – drink at least one drink.
- 1.5-2 liters of water per day.
- Start preventing early aging at the age of 20-25 years, and from 30 regularly use anti-age products with a suitable labeling.
- Choose from a variety of masks: nourishing, moisturizing, toning, vitamin, etc.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF DRY SKIN
Dry skin is important for regular daily care. The cumulative effect may not appear immediately, so the saying about patience and labor is 100% relevant here.
STAGES OF DRY SKIN CARE
It is best to use micellar water or hydrophilic oil for demakiyage. It dissolves fat and cosmetics, and after contact with water turns into an emulsion, which is enough to wash off with water. For washing dry skin, it is best to use foam or milk, and for exfoliation – scrubs with the smallest possible particles. They will help to gently remove dead particles from the surface of the skin and even out the complexion.
In dry skin care, regular toning is important. Why? The cleaner your skin, the better your moisturizers will absorb. Try applying a little tonic to your cotton pad and wipe your face as soon as you’re clean. You’ll see dirt and cosmetic residues that couldn’t be removed by demake-up and washing-up products. Thus, the tonic completes the cleansing stage and prepares the skin for the next stage of facial moisturizing. In addition, it restores the skin’s pH balance and acts as a guide for the active ingredients.
Proper skin care
Humidification can be superficial and deep. Surface moisturizing creates an invisible barrier on the skin’s surface that seals moisture and prevents it from evaporating. And deep moisturizing binds the moisture molecules inside the skin and creates conditions for recovery at the cellular level.
Creams most often provide moisturizing at the surface level, while at the deep level, serums and masks provide moisturizing. The serum is usually applied after toning and 20 minutes before the night cream, and the masks – gel, tissue, creamy – can be done 1-3 times a week. Do not forget to read the instructions!
Nutrition for dry skin is more the responsibility of night cream. Its main task is to saturate the skin with lipids, amino acids and fats, which are necessary to maintain the hydrolipidic balance and restore the skin’s protective properties. It is important to look for fatty acids (linoleic, linolenic, oleic) and natural oils (almond, carite, olive, etc.) as part of the products.
MORNING AND EVENING CARE FEATURES
The Beauty ritual for dry skin care should be repeated in the morning and evening for the rest of your life:
- In the morning, choose products with SPF, especially in sunny seasons. The main emphasis is on moisturizing and protection from negative environmental factors, so the texture of the day cream can be light and melting.
- In the evening the main emphasis is on thorough cleansing, nutrition and recovery. Be sure to use products for demakiyage, tonic and night cream with a dense and rich texture. It is best to apply it at least 20-30 minutes before sleep, so that the product is properly absorbed and not smeared on the pillowcase.